I still remember the taste, hot, sweet, and melt in my mouth perfectly (can't stop thinking of it right now). Luckly last year I went to Singapore (yes the McD have an apple pie on their menu) and I ordered 2 apple pies, wooww feels like heaven to me. Too bad now in Indonesia they don't serve apple pie anymore. Why oh why????
McDonald's apple pie recipe :
½ cup Packed brown sugar
½ cup Water
6 cups Peeled, cored and sliced Ganny Smith or Pippin apples
½ teaspoon Groung cinnamon and nutmeg
¼ teaspoon Salt
1½ teaspoon Graded lemon rind
1½ teaspoon Cornstarch
1½ teaspoon Lemon juice
- In a large, heavy saucepan desolve the sugar and the water.
- Stir in apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and lemon rind.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat, cover and cook, stirring often till apples are tender.
- Stir together the corn starch, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Mix until no lumps appear.
- Stir into apples, cook and stir gently until mixture thickens. (If apples are very juicy, you may need to add more cornstarch with cold water).
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.